The purposes of the Corporation are fraternal, patriotic, historical, charitable, and educational, and are:
1. to preserve and strengthen comradeship among its members;
2. to assist worthy comrades;
3. to perpetuate the memory and history of our dead and to assist their surviving spouses and orphans;
4. to maintain true allegiance to the Government of the United States of America, and fidelity to its Constitution and laws;
5. to foster true patriotism;
6. to maintain and extend the institutions of American freedom, and to preserve and defend the United States from all enemies.
McHenry VFW serves the McHenry and Johnsburg areas. Our actions to support the community must be in line with the purposes outlined in our congressional charter.
* Tier I = Post Relief Fund. Charitable contributions that directly help veterans, programs, and their families. (Goal is to donate >60% to tier I activities)
* Tier II = General Post Fund. Charitable contributions that indirectly help veterans, programs, and their families. This tier also includes community support / relations, scholarship programs, etc. (~25% to tier II activities)
* Tier III = General Post Fund. These expenditures are more distant from veteran support actions. These activities include holiday parties, “trunk-or-treat” events for members and community. (<15% to tier III activities)
VFW Post 4600 3002 IL-120 McHenry, Illinois, 60051